Office Update - July 2020
The emphasis at Bloom & Bloom continues to be on safety. The steps we are continuing to take are detailed below.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new findings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to the agencies’ recommendations.
We understand if you are hesitant to return to a dental office because of COVID concerns. In the words of one of our patients: "I am concerned that I may get COVID-19 if I go to the dentist (it is a high risk environment)." In addition to the procedures detailed below, when you are here at Bloom & Bloom everyone is protected by the air filtration we put in place for our office air conditioning system, by the individual air purifying units in every operatory and in the reception room, by the disinfectant mister we use to address aerosols throughout the office, and by requiring everyone to where a face covering except a patient when he or she is being treated. Patients are always protected because the staff wears masks at all times; if anything it is the drs and staff who are at higher risk when treating patients. Rest assured that we have taken multi-layer precautions to protect ourselves ...so that we will be able to continue to welcome you back to Bloom & Bloom!
Another important point of information: to date there is not a single report of transmission of COVID-19 in a dental office.
The office is currently open 5-6 days a week. Only one doctor is seeing patients at any one time to increase safety by limiting the number of patients and staff in the office. This is our interim schedule:
Saturday: 8am-3pm (1-2 Saturdays per month)
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep every patient safe at Bloom & Bloom. To contact us and to schedule an appointment call our office at 732.249.6386, email us at [email protected] or send a message through our website: bloomandbloomdmds.com. We have also recently added a chat feature to our website to make it easier for you to be able to contact us.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty.
Safety steps we are taking:
- Our office staff will ask you screening questions prior to your next appointment. We have special forms we will ask you to fill out and sign--a screening form and a 'consent to treatment' form. These forms are available on our website: bloomandbloomdmds. We encourage you to print out these forms, fill them out the day of your appointment, and bring them to your appointment with you. If you do not have access to the internet or to a printer we would be happy to send these forms to you by "snail mail" if time permits. If you bring your completed forms with you we will be able to bring you right in to the operatory and minimize your waiting time in the office. If you are not able to bring the screening and consent forms with you we will have these forms available in our office, for you to fill out when you come for your appointment.
- We will ask that you limit the number of people you bring to your appointment. This could mean leaving your children at home if you are coming for an appointment for yourself or allowing older children to go in to the office alone while their parent waits outside during their appointment.
- We ask that you call us from your car before you come in to the office, unless you are being dropped off by a car service or an individual who is not able to wait for you.
- Be sure to wear a mask to your appointment. As you may have read, PPE (personal protective equipment), including masks, are in short supply so please bring a mask with you if you have one. If you do not have one we will provide one for you. We will ask you to wear your mask at all times, except of course when you are in the operatory (treatment room) being treated.
- You are welcome to wear gloves but this is not necessary. We will be thoroughly disinfecting all surfaces that patients may come in to contact with at the beginning of the day and after every patient, using disinfectants that are effective against the virus that causes COVID-19. This helps reduce the risk of illness being passed from one person to another.
- Inside the office, you may notice things people often touch in the waiting room--like magazines and our much loved blocks--have been removed. We wipe down items you touch, such as clipboards or furniture. There are only two chairs, socially distanced, in our reception room now.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office and leave the operatory. We will take your temperature with a forehead thermometer and will ask you to rinse with an antibacterial mouth rinse before treating you. We have goggles available for you to wear while you are being treated.
- When you are in the dental chair you may notice some things look different than before. We will have the computer's keyboard covered with a disposable cover so it can be easily cleaned between patients, for example. We may also be using different protective equipment than we used at previous appointments. This may include different masks, face shields, gowns and eyewear. These additional precautions help protect both you and the dentists and staff.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are for the time being offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We are allowing more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, to minimize the number of patients in the reception area at any one time and to allow our staff enough time to thoroughly disinfect the operatory after every patient.
- We ask that you inform us if you experience any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after your office visit.
Welcome To Our Patient-Centered Practice
At Bloom and Bloom, DMDs we value our patient relationships, making it our priority to deliver gentle compassionate care that you deserve from a dentist in New Jersey. We work hard to make you feel at ease by combining the latest dental technology with a professional and compassionate staff; we all truly care about our patients. The result is a beautiful, healthy smile for a lifetime.
We also believe that patients should have sufficient information to make educated decisions about their oral health, treatment options and choice of dentist in New Jersey. You'll find all of this important information on our website, including directions to our New Brunswick office, Kind Words we have received from our patients, service descriptions, patient forms, patient education resources and more.
Not only are we leading dentists in New Jersey, we are a full-service practice providing for all of your dental needs.
Our services include:
Dentures and other Removable Prostheses
Crowns and Bridges
Preventive and Restorative Care for Adults and Children
Cosmetic Dentistry including Bonding, Veneers and Tooth Whitening
Root Canal Therapy
Management of Dental Phobias and the Reluctant Dental Patient
Should you ever want additional information about our practice, we are always available to answer your questions. We welcome new patients. Let us care for your entire family. We look forward to meeting you!
Meet The Dentists
Drs. Charles and Gari Bloom
"We are a husband (prosthodontist) and wife (general dentist) dental team that has been practicing together for over 30 years. We take pride in the accolades we and our staff receive from our patients, other dentists and the press. We can assure you that you will always receive exceptional dental treatment in a comfortable and caring environment--high-tech, low stress dentistry with a smile."